Monday, April 30, 2007

My son is a comedic genius


As a parent, th... er, WHOA!! Did I just say "As a parent" ??!!? I cannot believe the world has come to this - ME? a PARENT?! Okay - everyone who knew me growing up can laugh a little thinking on THAT little tidbit.

As I was saying, as a parent I am never totally ready for the next thing to come out of my children's mouths. For example, when Cole said his first word I actually stopped what I was doing and turned around to look at this little guy standing there with this huge shocked grin on his face as though he just realized what he'd done. He obviously knew that it got my attention - and now he won't stop saying that word. Fortunately the word was "YES" and BOY can I have fun with THAT!! The unfortunate thing is that now he will say it for EVERY question regardless of his comprehension. And YOU thought you had it bad when your child said "NO"? Ha!

Ok - back to the "comedic genius." That would be Zachary and boy does his mind hold it in like a steel trap! He can even hear what I mutter under my breath sometimes - I swear he must be part mother. Anyways - earlier this evening we were playing together and I was chasing his scrawny little butt (SO not Plumley there pal!) with his stuffed killer whale. I pretended to eat the whale when he turned it on me and then out of the blue Zach leaned over and pretended to chomp my arm off... and being the dad that I am howled in pain and made the arm disappear, much to his delight.

Then I asked him, "Oh no! What am I gonna do with only one arm?!?"

To which he immediately grabbed the arm hidden behind my back and proceeded to pretend to "vomit up" my arm (complete with a wipe of his mouth on his sleeve to clean up after the dirty deed) and put it back on - after which he held the arm up so I could see it better and said, "There Daddy! Now you can use TWO arms again!"

What can I say? I mean a Daddy can't play Tickle Fight or Wrestle with one arm right?

No comments: