Monday, January 12, 2009

#3 on the way and other musings

What a whirlwind crazy year it has been! Obviously no time for blogging as many of you can tell...

Our most recent news is that Sara is expecting our #3 child sometime in June. We don't yet know if it will be a boy (our third) or our first girl!! Sara is pretty sure that this will be the last kiddo she can have naturally (delivering two boys around 10-11 lbs. really takes a toll when you're 5'2' and weigh next to nothing!) but we've also talked about adoption so you never know!

As soon as we know boy or girl we'll let all y'all know!!

It has been a full year since we moved into ownership at the clinic and although the Recession of 2008-?? wasn't our best business friend, our staff made 2008 a greater success than we could have hoped for.

Speaking of staff, our latest and greatest Whitefield Animal Hospital family member came to us by way of Kansas (Kansas State Univ. in particular)... Dr. Kristin Erickson joined our staff straight out of veterinary school and has been a instant sensation (I just love that word!!). I have appreciated her honesty, her work ethic, and her sense of humor as we are bit quirky here in the North Country. She is a FAR better veterinarian out of school than I was expecting and is more capable than she even comes close to realizing (yet!)... but don't tell her I said so! She still thinks she's wet behind the ears ;-)

Sara continues to be busier than ever: between part-time business manager, full-time mommy, and overall Babe of Ultimate Hotness she keeps up a pace that is dizzying. It has been spectacularly rewarding to work alongside her and I cannot imagine trying to keep our books straight AND run the medical aspects of the clinic... I think I'd quit.

Zach and Cole have been busy learners as Sara continues to spearhead (I hate that word) their homeschooling. It is super cool to work with her in this process and we see leaps and bounds that never cease to amaze us.

Ooops... gotta go... but I HAVE to get some pictures up soon and will do so as soon as I get them off my camera!!

No comments: