Thursday, February 22, 2007

Been a while...


Life has been a bit crazy lately...

Work continues to be an endless source of joy and frustration... I'm not sure which is winning at the moment.

My family continues to amaze me every day - their love is incredibly palpable, their acceptance is unfatigueable, and their humor is unflappable. Unless of course we're talking about potty training. Ouch. No tips please - we cannot keep up with all the ones we've already gotten... and as we all know, the true genius is the one never heard. Hmmm, guess that leaves ME out.

My Tennessee Lady Vols continue to chew up the competition and their male counterparts have seemingly gotten their act together just in time to make the tournament again. Check out Yahoo! Sports for the free video broadcasts of some of their games! Next one is February 24th at 1pm (men play Arkansas). And if you've never seen Candace Parker play - you're missing something that hasn't been seen in the women's game in my lifetime... try a YouTube search for 'Candace Parker' - YIKES!!

The Ryan Floridians... Josh and Dan have been putting together a ski trip since last fall and it looks like we're all headed out to Colorado for a week to "shoosh and boom" as my Dad would say. Hopefully more shoosh than boom... check back with me in mid March to see if I am still walking...

I hope I will be because I've got a basketball tournament to play in on March 17th... should be interesting - we didn't get to play last year (I had to work) but we came in 3rd the year before that. Check back on the 18th... maybe I'll be in good enough shape to let you all know how it went. At least the seafood after the tourney at the Weathervane will go down nicely :)

Well, enough for now... my wife's birthday is tomorrow and we're headed out to Juniper's (at the Wildflower Inn) for dinner after dropping the boys off with the northern-most set of grandparents. The Wildflower Inn is where we had our rehearsal dinner - can you believe it has been almost 8 years? Wow. Cooool...

Later everybody!!

2 comments:

LNA said...

wow!! wildflower inn--takes me back. Can't believe it has been that long ago. Happy Birthday Sara!!!
Have a great time in Colorado Chris!! Give the Ryans an hello from us Vermonters...

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SaraP!! jealous of the skiing dude, but im on my way out to the slope now ... for lots of snowboard type booming *LOL*

TTFN!!