Saturday, February 3, 2007

Caught between loyalties - Super Bowl stuff














Well - that auspicious time of year is upon us once again. Super Bowl ADS!!! And I hear they're playing a football game somewhere amongst them. I have to wonder how ANY team can get into a rhythm with as many TV breaks that game has.

It is hard to pick this year's game despite nearly all of the media picking Indy in a blowout (which I sincerely hope happens). The same stuff happened when Marino was here and likewise for the Broncos when Elway was close to retirement. The sentimental pick always seems to go to the guy who seems to need it the most.

I'm caught in no-man's land here because I am surrounded by Patriots fans, I've followed the Colts since Manning was drafted, and on top of that no one around here seems to remember that the Pats got CREAMED by the Bears back in '86. They're either picking the Bears because the Colts beat their Pats two weeks ago or they're picking Manning out of sheer sympathy. Would somebody PLEASE put some thought into this!!! Oh... that's my job.

Well, I will save the heavy stuff for my other blog. I plan to post some more in-depth stuff on my sports blog - check out the link over to the right!

Pick: Colts 23 Bears 17... unless Rex Grossman actually thinks he is Joe Montana (then it will be a LOT worse)
P.S. Please post your comments on your fav ads of all time... mine will be posted on my other blog ;)

No comments: